This post & downloadable paper summarizes the Key Learnings from the Foundation Paper “The Science of Friendship: The Fundamental Concepts of Friendship.”
As we progress towards a more fluid transient culture, what are the effects on one of the most stabilizing forces for society, friendship, and how can technology adapt to meet that need?
Fundamental Concepts of Friendship
- Friendship is not a static concept, but an ever-changing, crucial part of human experience across time and culture. It is a reciprocal form of connection and interaction.
- Optimal friend relationships have four important elements:
- High levels of hope for one’s self and the relationship itself
- High levels of trust of others
- High levels of self-disclosure
- High levels of satisfaction in the relationship
- Alliances in Friendship are freely chosen and… Read more